The Institute is a global professional accountancy organisation and Africa’s largest and highly reputable association of Chartered Accountants. It is a founding member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). With more than 60,000 members, the Institute is dedicated to developing and promoting the highest educational, professional and ethical standards in line with its vision and mission statement.
Vision – To be a leading global professional body.
Mission – To produce world-class chartered accountants, regulate and continually enhance their ethical standards and technical competence in the public interest.
The Professional Examinations – Since its introduction in 1965, the ICAN CA qualification has become a mark of distinction. It is one of the most respected and recognised professional accounting credentials, by employers in business, government, and a host of other organisations around the world.
To earn the ICAN CA qualification, individuals must study and demonstrate a mastery of accounting, analytical and decision-making skills needed in today’s fast-evolving and competitive workplace by passing the Institute’s rigorous, three-level professional examinations which are conducted twice annually in the months of May and November.
The building blocks of the ICAN CA qualification is firmly grounded in the Institute’s 2021 Professional Examination Syllabus, which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website www.icanig.org/student
Dates of the next Examination – The Institute’s November 2023 diet professional examinations are scheduled to hold from Tuesday 14, November to Thursday 16, November 2023.
Eligibility for Enrolment: The examinations are open to the Institute’s registered financial students only. Other interested persons should visit the Institute’s website www.icanig.org for guidelines on Students’ Registration.
Examination Registration – The registration portal for the November 2023 diet professional examination will open from Monday 17, July 2023 to Friday 10, November 2023. Please note that there will be no extension in the registration date.
Mode of Registration – Candidates must register on-line for the examinations. For details, please see “Directives for Online Registration” below.
Examination Centres – There are over 50 centres all over Nigeria and one each in Buea, Cameroon and London, United Kingdom (UK). Candidates can check the list of centres on the Institute’s website: www.icanig.org/student
Note: fees are exclusive of Bank charges of =N=300. Bank Charges should be made on a separate deposit slip.
Payment Period – Payment of the examination fees will open from Monday 17, July 2023 to Friday 03, November 2023.
Students should note that payments will not be received at any bank after Friday 03, November 2023; and that payment does not automatically translate to enrolment for the examination. Registration must be duly completed.
Payment centres – All commercial banks in Nigeria for candidates who are taking the examination in Nigeria.
ALL STUDENTS WHO WISH TO WRITE THE EXAMINATION AT BUEA, CAMEROON OR LONDON, UK CENTRES MUST MAKE PAYMENT IN CAMEROON (CFA) OR UNITED KINGDOM POUNDS STERLING (GBP).
Please, contact our representatives in these centres:
Cameroon Mr. Vutumu Aloysius, FCAon +237675871546, firstname.lastname@example.org
London Mr. Omusa Baba Ohyoma, FCAon +447766252595, email@example.com
Free Aid to Candidates – All ICAN Students can download for free the soft copies of Study Texts and Pathfinders from our website www.icanig.org using their login details.
PLEASE NOTE: The ICAN Study Texts are available only in soft copy, which is accessible on our website www.icanig.org
DIRECTIVES FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
1. BEFORE PAYMENT: Candidates should check their Examination/Financial Status on www.icanig.org to confirm the number of paper(s) to be written, amounts payable for the examination fees and annual subscription. Payment of subscription should be made on separate deposit tellers. Please note that examination fees once paid are not refundable nor the examinations deferred to subsequent diet.
2. METHODS OF PAYMENT:
a. Pay Direct: Make payment into ICAN e-Collection Account through PAYDIRECT at any commercial bank branch nationwide. Collect your payment teller & receipt and proceed with your on-line registration as stated in (item 3) below. Payment of N300 bank charges is applicable and should be made in a separate teller.
b. Naira Debit Card: Pay online using your Naira Debit Card by selecting the relevant pay type and following the steps enumerated below:
- Go to ICAN website www.icanig.org
- Click on “Students”
- Click on “Professional (Check Exams/Financial status)”
- Enter your Registration Number to view your Financial Status.
- Select “Pay/View Online on Verve/ MasterCard” OR “ Pay/View Online on VISA Debit Card” (under methods of payment on financial status page)
- Click on “sign on” to set up your account or enter your password if you had set up your account before.
- Proceed to make separate payments for subscription and examination fees
- Print out the transaction receipt for examination fees
- Generate your PIN and serial No. at icanportal.org/professional/under ”Pay ICAN” by selecting the payment method/platform then Proceed to on-line registration
3. ON-LINE REGISTRATION:
- Scanned soft copy (JPEG format, 20kb maximum file size) of your passport photograph (on white background)
- Scanned soft copy of your signature. (JPEG format, 20kb maximum file size)
- Pin and Serial Numbers
Complete the Online form on ICAN website: www.icanexamsonline.org/professional
Read the examination rules and guidelines and if you agree to abide by them, select “Agree” and click on “Submit”.
Download the following after submission
- Completed online examination form:(Kindly keep a copy of this form showing your PIN as this would be required to check your result)
- Examinations timetable, centres and their addresses;
- Examinations rules and regulations & offences and disciplinary measures;
- Examinations warning to all candidates
- Note that the third and fourth bullet points above must be read thoroughly and understood by candidates as they will be strictly applied.
4. Visit the website three days after online submission of the examination form to confirm your enrolment, by inputting your PIN, SNo and registration No. at icanportal.org/professional/Examinations
5. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO DOWNLOAD THEIR EXAMINATION DOCKETS FROM THE INSTITUTE’S WEBSITE 3 DAYS TO THE EXAMINATION DATES.
EXAMINATION TIME TABLE
|TUESDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2023||9.00 a.m.|
12 .15 p.m.
|TUESDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2023||1.45 p.m. –|
|WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2023||9.00 a.m.|
12 .15 p.m.
|WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2023||1.45 p.m. –|
|Audit & Assurance||Advanced Audit &|
|THURSDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2023||9.00 a.m. –|
|THURSDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2023||9.45am –|
|THURSDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2023||1.45 p.m –|
|Business Law||Corporate Strategic|
Note: *Case study examination is from 9.00am to 1.00pm
IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL CANDIDATES
1. Candidates are advised to check their Examination/Financial Status on ICAN website www.icanig.org to ascertain amount payable before making payment for the examinations. Examination fees, once paid, are not refundable or the examination deferred. Outstanding subscription must be paid using separate tellers, and not combined with exam fees.
2. Candidates are warned in their own interest not to bring MOBILE/GSM PHONE(S), ELECTRONIC GADGETS OR PROGRAMMEABLE DEVICES into the Examination Hall. Anyone found violating this instruction will be stopped from continuing with the examination and the paper WILL BE CANCELLED.
3. Candidates are warned that all kinds of wristwatches (DIGITAL or ANALOG) are not allowed into the examination hall.
4. Candidates are discouraged from bringing valuable items into the examination centres, hence; any loss would be at owner’s risk, and the Institute will not be liable for any loss of personal items.
5. Candidates who have applied for exemption from any level or subject of the examination are advised to confirm that their applications are successful before making payment for the examinations.
6. Candidates are not permitted to apply for EXEMPTION and EXAMINATION at the same time.
7. The registration period for the examination is between Monday 17, July 2023 and Friday 10, November 2023. Payment closes on Friday 03, November 2023.
REGISTRATION PERIOD WILLNOTBE EXTENDED.
8. Eligibility to combine subjects at different levels of the examinations is only applicable to candidates with recognised professional qualifications and with appropriate exemptions granted and properly authorised. Candidates are advised to contact the Professional Examinations Department to confirm their eligibility.
9. Students are advised to read through the details of the Institute’s newly introduced examinations offences and appropriate disciplinary measures and penalties hosted on the website www.icanig.org/students towards maintaining decorum for achieving a hitch-free examination process.
TEN-YEAR RULE WAIVER
The Council of the Institute has waived the Ten-Year Rule, which mandatorily required candidates to complete all parts of the Institute’s qualifying examination within a period of ten years, from the date of sitting the examination for the first time, as part of its credit system for those taking its professional examinations.
In place of the Ten-Year Rule, the Council has approved a Five-Year Rule which now applies only to candidates at the Professional Level of the examinations. The Five-Year Rule requires that candidates must pass all the papers in the Professional Level within five years from the date they obtain the first credit or will forfeit such credits that were obtained beyond five years.
All credits obtained at this level will therefore be valid for only five-years after which they will lapse. The implication is that candidates are expected to write and pass the Professional Level examinations within five years from the diet they obtain their first credit.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF IMPLEMENTATION
The Five-Year Rule took effect from May 2017 diet.
Credits earned at the Professional level began to count from May 2017 diet of the Institute’s Examinations.
|1||ABA||The New Ultra-Modern, Chidi Ajaegbu ICAN Centre, Aba|
|2||ABAKALIKI||Ebonyi State University, Permanent Site, Abakaliki|
|3||ABEOKUTA||Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ojere, Abeokuta|
|4||ABUJA 1||De Rainbow Event Marquee, Plot 1193a, off Southern Parkway (After NTA Hq. /AGIS), Garki Area 8, Abuja|
|5||ABUJA 2||A Class Park & Event Centre (Opposite JD Park) Along Kashim Ibrahim Way Maitama, Abuja|
|6||ABUJA (NYANYA)||Kama-Kings Hotel & Event Centre, Living Faith Junction, Karu-Jikwoyi Road, Abuja|
|7||ADO-EKITI||Ekiti State University, Sandwish Village, Iworoko Road, Ado-Ekiti|
|8||AKURE||ICAN House, Alagbaka, Akure. By Government House. Akure|
|9||ALIMOSHO||Anchor University Hall, B308/C307, Ayobo Road, Ipaja, Lagos|
|10||AMUWO, LAGOS||ICAN Centre, Plot 12 Kofo Kasumu Street, Amuwo-Odofin, Lagos|
|11||ASABA||Saint Patrick’s College, Asaba|
|12||AUCHI||Early Breeds International school, Auchi|
|13||AWKA||Virtual Hall 4, UNIZIK Library Extension, Awka|
|14||BENIN-CITY||Eghosa Anglican Grammar School, New Lagos Rd. Opp. Edo State Post Pry. Education Board, by Okhoro Traffic light,Benin-City.|
|15||CALABAR||Management Development Institute, Mary Slessor Avenue, Calabar|
|16||CAMEROON||Buea Catholic University, Buea, Cameroon|
|17||ENUGU||University of Nigeria, Nsukka Enugu Campus, Faculty of Bus. Admin. (FBA) Auditorium, Enugu|
|18||GOMBE||New Assembly Hall, Behind Commercial Area, Gombe State University.|
|19||IBADAN||Jogor Centre, No.1, Harvester Drive, Off Liberty Stadium Road, Ring Road, Ibadan|
|20||IKEJA 1||Lagos Airport Hotel, 111, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos|
|21||IKEJA 4||Pleasant Event Centre, 1, Obanta Avenue, Off Ajao Road, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja Lagos|
|22||IKEJA 5||The GRANDEUR, 17, Billings Way, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos.|
|23||IKORODU||Royal Occasion event centre, along Ikorodu-Itokin Road, Parafa, Opp. Lucky Fibre, Ikorodu, Lagos|
|24||ILESA||Osun State College of Education, Ilesa|
|25||ILISAN-REMO||Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo|
|26||ILORIN||Royal Hall, Royal Shekinah Suites, Opposite NNPC MEGA Station, Ajase IPO, Ilorin|
|27||JALINGO||New LT 1C Hall, Taraba State University Kofai ATC|
|28||JOS||2nd Floor, FMBN Building, Opposite NNPC Mega Station, Secretariat Junction, Jos|
|29||KADUNA||College of Business & Management Studies (CBMS), Kaduna Polytechnic, Beside Nitel Office, Kaduna|
|30||KANO||College of Advance and Remedial Studies, Airport Road, Near St. Thomas Secondary School, Kano State.|
|31||KEFFI||Nasarawa State University, Keffi|
|32||LAFIA||Almakura hall, Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State|
|33||LASU, OJO||Lagos State University Ojo Campus, Lagos.|
|34||LOKOJA||Federal University Lokoja, Lecture Theatre (LT-B) Permanent Site (Felele) Lokoja, Kogi State|
|35||LONDON||Lambeth Accord Conference Centre, Accord House, 336, Brixton Rd, London SW9 7AA|
|36||MAIDUGURI||Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri|
|37||MAKURDI||Benue State University (Main Library), Makurdi|
|38||MINNA||Federal University of Technology, Bosso Campus, Minna|
|39||MOWE||RCCG Youth Centre, Redemption Camp, Mowe.|
|40||OGBOMOSO||Atimaggies Resort, Behind Rubbie Petrol Station along old Ilorin Road (YOACO Area) Ogbomoso, Oyo State|
|41||ONITSHA||Regina Pacis Model Secondary School, 21 Awka Road, Onitsha, Anambra State|
|42||OSOGBO||Osun State University, Oke Baale, Osogbo, Osun State|
|43||OTA||Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State|
|44||OWERRI||Government Secondary School, Okigwe Road, Owerri, Imo State|
|45||OYO (Ajayi C. U)||Folorunsho and Modupe Alakija Hall, Ajayi Crowther University, Ajegunle along Ogbomosho Road, Oyo.|
|46||P/HARCOURT||University of Port-Harcourt Continuing Education Centre, UST Roundabout, Oroworukwo Mile 3, Diobu, PortHarcourt|
|47||SOKOTO||School of Nursing Classes, University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto|
|48||UMUAHIA||Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umuahia|
|49||UNILAG, LAGOS||University of Lagos, Multi-Purpose Hall, UNILAG, Akoka, Lagos|
|50||UYO||Modern Secondary Commercial School, (Modern Training Institute),133, Aka Road, Uyo|
|51||V/ISLAND||Federal College of Fisheries and Marine Technology 2, Wilmot Point Road, Bar Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos|
|52||WARRI||College of Education Warri (ETF 2009 Intervention Hall 39)|
|53||YENAGOA||ICAN Yenagoa & District Society Secretariat, Yenagoa|
|54||YOLA||Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola|
|55||ZARIA||Kongo Campus, ABU, Zaria.|
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or email@example.com or call 01-71003111, 07050180122, 016309354
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.icanig.org
Support PensionNigeria financially with N1,000 per Month HERE, or with any amount HERE
Empower us to do more independent analysis of the Pension Industry in Nigeria
Subscribe to PensionNigeria Daily News Broadcast on WhatsApp, just send “Subscribe” to 08160052802, PLEASE ensure you also save 08160052802 to your contacts as “PensionNigeria” to enable you receive the PensionNigeria News Broadcast.
Subscribe to PensionNigeria Daily Newsletter and get Today’s Top Pension News delivered straight into your email box every Evening.
If you have subscribed before and you still do not receive our Newsletter, please check your “Spam Folder”, if you find our Newsletter there, mark it as “NOT SPAM” or move it to your Inbox