The Institute is a global professional accountancy organisation and Africa’s largest an highly reputable association of Chartered Accountants. It is a founding member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West African (ABWA). With over 56,000 members, the Institute is dedicated to developing and promoting the highest educational, professional and ethical standards in line with its vision and mission.
Vision – To be a leading global professional body.
Mission – To produce world-class chartered accountants, regulate and continuality enhance their ethical standards and technical competence in the public interest.
The Professional Examination – Since its introduction in 1965, the ICAN CA qualification has become a mark of distinction. It is one of the most respected and recognised professional accounting credentials by employers in business government and a host of other organisations around the world.
To earn the ICAN CA qualification, individuals must study and demonstrate a mastery of accounting, analytical and decision making skills needed in today’s fast-evolving and competitive workplace by passing the Institute’s rigorous three-level professional examination, which are conducted twice annually in May and November.
The building blocks of the ICAN CA qualification are firmly grounded in the Institute’s 2021 Professional Examination Syllabus which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website www.icanig.org/student
Dates of the next Examination – The Institute’s November 2022 diet professional examination is scheduled to hold from Tuesday 15 November to Thursday 17 November 2022.
Eligibility for Enrolment: The examination is open to the Institute’s registered financial students only. Other interested persons should visit the Institute’s website www.icanig.org for guidelines on Students’ Registration.
Examination Registration – The registration portal for the November 2022 diet professional examination will open from Tuesday 2 August 2022 to Friday 11 November 2022. Please note that there will be no extension in the registration date.
Mode of Registration – Candidates must register on-line for the examination. For details please see “Directives for Online registration” below.
Examination Centres – There are over 50 centres all over Nigeria and one each in Buea, Cameroon and London, United Kingdom (UK). Candidates can check the list of centres on the Institute’s website: www.icanig.org/students
Examination Fees Table, Amount (N)
Note: fees are exclusive of Bank charges of =N=300. Payment for bank charges should be made on a separate deposit slip.
Payment Period – Payment of the examination fees will open from Monday 15, August 2022 to Friday 04, November 2022.
Students should note that payments will not be received at any bank after Friday 04, November 2022. Payment does not automatically translate to enrolment for the examination. Registration must be duly completed online.
Payment centres: All commercial banks in Nigeria for candidates who are taking the examination in Nigeria.
ALL STUDENTS WHO WISH TO WRITE THE EXAMINATION AT BUEA, CAMEROON OR LONDON, UK CENTRES MUST MAKE PAYMENT IN CAMEROON (CFA) OR UNITED KINGDOM POUNDS STERLING (GBP).
Free Aid to Candidates – All ICAN Students can download free, copies of Study Texts and Pathfinders from our website www.icanig.org using their login details.
PLEASE NOTE: The ICAN Study Texts are available only in soft copy, which is accessible on our website www.icanig.org
DIRECTIVES FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
1. BEFORE PAYMENT: Candidates should check their Examination/Financial Status on www.icanig.org to confirm the number of paper(s) to be written, amounts payable for the examination fees and annual subscription. Payment of subscription should be made on separate deposit tellers. Please note that examination fees once paid are not refundable neither will the examination be deferred to subsequent diet.
2. METHODS OF PAYMENT:
a. Pay Direct: Make payment into ICAN e-Collection Account through PAY DIRECT at any commercial bank branch nationwide. Collect your payment teller & receipt and proceed with your on-line registration as stated in (item 3) below. Payment of N300 bank charges is applicable and should be made in a separate teller.
b. Naira Debit Card: Pay online using your Naira Debit Card by selecting the relevant pay type and following the steps enumerated below:
- Go to ICAN website www.icanig.org
- Click on “Students”
- Click on “Professional (Check Exams/Financial status)”
- Enter your Registration Number to view your Financial Status.
- Select “Pay/View Online on Verve/ MasterCard” OR “Pay/View Online on VISA Debit Card” (under methods of payment on financial status page)
- Click on “sign on” to set up your account or enter your password if you had set up your account before.
- Proceed to make separate payments for subscription and examination fees Print out the transaction receipt for examination fees
- Generate your PIN and serial No. at icanportal.org/professional/ under “Pay ICAN” by selecting the payment method/platform then Proceed to on-line registration
3. ON-LINE REGISTRATION:
- Scanned soft copy (JPEG format, 20kb maximum file size) of your passport photograph (on white background)
- Scanned soft copy of your signature. (JPEG format, 20kb maximum file size)
- Pin and Serial Numbers
- Complete the Online form on ICAN website: www.icanexamsonline.org/professional
- Read the examination rules and guidelines and if you agree to abide by them, select “Agree” and click on “Submit”.
Download the following after submission
- Completed online examination form: (Kindly keep a copy of this form showing your PIN as this would be required to check your result)
- Examination time table, centres and their addresses;
- Examination rules and regulations & offences and disciplinary measures;
- Examination warning to all candidates
Note that the third and fourth bullet points above must be read thoroughly and understood by candidates as they will be strictly applied.
4. Visit the website three days after online submission of the examination form to confirm your enrolment, by inputting your PIN, SNo and registration No. at icanportal.org/professional/Examinations
5. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO DOWNLOAD THEIR EXAMINATION DOCKETS FROM THE INSTITUTE’S WEBSITE 3 DAYS TO THE EXAMINATION DATES.
EXAMINATION TIME-TABLE FOR NOVEMBER 2022 DIET
|TUESDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2022||9.00 a.m. – 12.15 p.m.||Financial Accounting||Financial Reporting||Corporate Reporting|
|TUESDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2022||1.45 p.m. – 5.00p.m.||Management Information||Taxation||Advanced Taxation|
|WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2022||9.00 a.m. – 12. 15p.m.||–||Performance Management||Strategic Financial Management|
|WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2022||1.45 p.m. – 5.00p.m.||Business Management &Finance||Audit & Assurance||Advanced Audit & Assurance|
|THURSDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2022||9.00 a.m. – 1.00p.m.||–||–||Case Study|
|THURSDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2022||9.45am – 1.00pm||–||Public Sector Accounting and Finance||–|
|THURSDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2022||1.45 p.m – 5.00 p.m||Business Law||Corporate Strategic Management Ethics||–|
Note: “Case study examination is from 9.00am to 1.00pm*
IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL CANDIDATES
1. Candidates are advised to check their Examination/Financial Status on ICAN website www.icanig.org to ascertain amount payable before making payment for the examination. Examination fees, once paid, are not refundable neither will the examination be deferred. Outstanding subscription must be paid using separate tellers and not combined with exam fees.
2. Candidates are warned in their own interest not to bring mobile phone(s), other electronic gadgets or programmeable devices into the examination hall. Anyone found violating this instruction will stopped from continuing with the examination and the paper WILL BE CANCELLED.
3. Candidates are warned that all kinds of wristwatches (digital or analog) are NOT ALLOWED into the examination hall.
4. Candidates are discouraged from bringing valuable items into the examination centres, as the Institute will not be liable for any loss of personal items.
5. Candidates who have applied for exemption from any level or subject of the examination are advised to confirm that their applications are successful before making payment for the examinations.
6. Candidates are not permitted to apply for EXEMPTION and EXAMINATION the same time.
7. The registration period for the examination is between Tuesday 2, August 2022 and Friday 11, November 2022. Payment closes on Friday 04, November 2022. REGISTRATION PERIOD WILL NOT BE EXTENDED.
8. Eligibility to combine subjects at different levels of the examination is only applicable to candidates with recognised professional qualifications and with appropriate exemptions properly authorised. Candidates are advised to contact the Professional Examination Department to confirm their eligibility.
9. Students are advised to read the details of the Institute’s newly introduced examinations offences and appropriate disciplinary measures and penalties hosted on the website www.icanig.org/students towards maintaining decorum for achieving hitch-free examination process.
TEN-YEAR RULE WAIVER
The Council of the Institute has waived the Ten-Year Rule, which mandatorily required candidates to complete all parts of the Institute’s qualifying examination within period of ten years, from the date of sitting the examination for the first time, as part of its credit system for those taking its professional examination.
In place of the Ten-Year Rule, the Council has approved a Five-Year Rule, which now applies only to candidates at the Professional Level of the examination.
The Five-Year Rule requires that candidates must pass all the papers in the Professional Level within five years from the date they obtain the first credit or will forfeit such credits that were obtained beyond five years.
All credits obtained at this level will therefore be valid for only five-years after which they will lapse. The implication is that candidates are expected to write and pass the Professional Level examination within five years from the diet they obtain their first credit.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF IMPLEMENTATION
The Five-Year Rule took effect from May 2017 diet.
Credits earned at the Professional level began to count from May 2017 diet of the Institute’s examination.
Support PensionNigeria financially with N1,000 per Month HERE, or with any amount HERE
Empower us to do more independent analysis of the Pension Industry in Nigeria
Subscribe to PensionNigeria Daily News Broadcast on WhatsApp, just send “Subscribe” to 08160052802, PLEASE ensure you also save 08160052802 to your contacts as “PensionNigeria” to enable you receive the PensionNigeria News Broadcast.
Subscribe to PensionNigeria Daily Newsletter and get Today’s Top Pension News delivered straight into your email box every Evening.
If you have subscribed before and you still do not receive our Newsletter, please check your “Spam Folder”, if you find our Newsletter there, mark it as “NOT SPAM” or move it to your Inbox