Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD) has announced the commencement of the fourth phase of the Parastatal Pensioner Verification Exercise for pensioners and Next of Kin (NoK) of all Federally funded Parastatals, Agencies and Institutes under the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS).
The verification exercise will cover retirees of 270 agencies including:
1. Federal Universities
3. Colleges of Education
4. Teaching Hospitals
5. Medical Centers
6. Power Holding Company of Nigeria
7. Nigeria Railway Corporation
8. Nigeria Postal Services
9. Research Institutes and other Treasury funded Parastatals, Agencies and Institutes.
The verification exercise will also cover retirees of the defunct/privatized agencies who are yet to be verified such as:
1. Aluminum Smelter Company of Nigeria (ALSCON)
2. Nigeria Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO)
3. Assurance Bank
4. Nigerian National Shipping Line (NNSL)
This exercise will hold from Monday, August 5 to Friday, August 9, 2019 at the following centers from 8am – 4pm:
Yola – Lelewa Hotels, 24, Galadima Aminu Way, Jimeta Yola South, Yola, Adamawa State
Bauchi – ML Audu Auditorium, Federal Polytechnic, Dass Road, Bauchi.
Maiduguri – Borno State Hotel Auditorium, Off Sheu Laminu Way, Old GRA, Maiduguri.
In order to be verified, it is mandatory for all pensioners & Next of Kin (NoK) to provide the original and photocopies of the following documents:
1. Letter of First Appointment.
2. Letter of Last Promotion.
3. Approved Letter of Retirement.
4. Evidence of Change of Name (where applicable).
5. Evidence of Transfer/Merger of Service (where applicable).
6. BVN Registration Slip with clear picture (stamped and signed by the bank).
7. Original and Stamped Bank Statement for the last one month and/or e-Token as applicable
8. 1 recent coloured passport photograph
9. Audited and Stamped Computation Sheet.
10.Letter of Confirmation of appointment.
11.Valid means of Identification (Driving License, Int’l Passport, National ID Card or Voters Registration Card).
12.Last Pay Slip
In addition to the aforementioned documents, Next of Kins (NoKs) are also required to provide the following mandatory documents:
1. Death Certificate of the Deceased from a Government Hospital or National Population Commission.
2. Letter of Administration from High Court.
3. Single/Joint Application by the NOK(s); as listed on the Letter of Administration
4. Marriage Certificate (for Spouses).
5. Original and Stamped Bank Statement of the deceased pensioner from retirement to date and/or e-Token as applicable.
6. Duly signed and stamped NUBAN Single/Joint Bank Account Statement of the NOK(s), with Bank Logo.
7. BVN Registration Slip with clear picture (stamped and signed by the bank).
8. 1 colored Passport Photograph of each NOK.
9. Valid means of Identification (Driving License, Int’l Passport, National ID Card or Voters Registration Card).
Mobile Verification will be conducted for sick and infirm Pensioners. The original documents of the pensioners must be brought to the verification venue together with proof of infirmity for authentication, before mobile verification can be scheduled.
Security Agencies will be at the venues. FRAUDSTERS BEWARE
• This verification exercise does not include Customs, Immigration and Prisons Pensioners, Civil Service Pensioners as well as Police pensioners.
• The exercise is also NOT for Pensioners of Defunct Agencies who have already been verified.
• All Letters of Introduction for new enrolees (those not currently on payroll) must be personally signed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Agency, to be acceptable for verification.
Other phases of the Verification exercise will be held in states in the different geopolitical zones on the following dates:
c) South East (Monday August 26 – Wednesday September 4)
d) North West (Monday September 23– Wednesday, October 2)
e) North Central (Monday October 21 – Wednesday, October 30)
Pensioners should please note that they do not have to travel to the state they retired from to be verified. They can be verified at any of the centres in the geo-political zones where they currently reside.